There are lots of people across the world who can’t afford private tutors for their child. Seeing this complexity there are lots of educational app for the help of your kid. Khan Academy is a non-profit organization which contains 1000+ educational videos for self-study. Everything in your fingertips with just a mouse Click! Really amazing! Khan Academy gives you assistance for numerous subjects but for Maths there is a huge variety of tutorials from early to college level. Although Khan Academy is a blessing for the students still some drawbacks exist. Here we will discuss the pros and cons of Khan Academy.
Khan Academy Pros
As I mentioned above Khan Academy is a boon for the students who want self-study and contain plenty of benefits. Take a look below to be aware of the pros of Khan Academy.
- Huge Variety Of Subjects: Khan Academy provides you with a wide range of subjects. You can acquire knowledge about Biology, Chemistry, Physics, arts, Maths, Humanity, Economics and lots more. Also, new subjects are merging on regular basis.
- Allow learning with self-study: The topmost benefit of Khan Academy is that you learn with your own. You can restart, pause, stop a video for visible understanding.
- Free and accessible: You can watch Khan Academy’s videos anywhere in the world with just the availability of the internet. Another favorable thing is that you don’t need to pay a penny in return.
- Unbelievable amount of math problems: Practice makes a man perfect and this proverb also applied for maths problems. You have to do lots of practice to solve tricky maths questions. Khan Academy gives you the solution for unlimited match problems and you can practice them on your own terms.
Khan Academy Cons
Nothing is perfect and there are also some drawbacks of everything. Khan Academy also has some shortcomings so take a look below to know more about them.
- Less-interactive: Nothing can be the good alternative of a physical teacher. Apps can give you hints but if you find any complexity then it can’t answer you. Although Khan Academy comes with a wide range of problem-solving tutorials there is a lack of interaction.
- Similar teaching style: We all are different and our way of learning is also different from each other. Through Khan Academy, you learn by observing videos and only one method of teaching can make us bore. There is the scarcity of different teaching styles for more engagement.
- Lack of collaborative activities: When you study in a classroom then come across different classmates and adopt their ideas. Whereas with Khan Academy you learn from videos on your own and miss all the collaborative activities which happen with classroom learning.
- It decreases your creativity: The main motive of our education is not only learning but also the overall development of an individual. Classroom learning teaches us many things like attentiveness, creativity, respect others but an app can never teach all these things. Learning with an app can higher your grades but lessen your creativity.
Well, Folks, its good to take the help of an app but total dependency is not advisable. Khan Academy is a great initiative for solving your academic problems and comes with both pros and conns. I have cleared all the pros and cons of Khan Academy in this short review. One can take help of videos for solving problems but there must be a physical advise to assist you. Still, any query regarding Khan Academy then comments below and for more updates stay connected.